Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our first major injury...ouch!



Well...it happened...a Mommy's worst nightmare...
the dreaded call from the school nurse. "Mrs. Paprocki, Emma fell off of the slide at recess and has a scratch the size of a quarter on her cheek. OK, I say. I go up to the school to volunteer that afternoon and Emma tells me her wrist hurt and she was nursing it pretty good. So I call her doctor and he ordered x-rays at the hospital and sure enough fractured in two places. So we have a bright pink cast signed by everyone and anyone! We took her for a one week follow up today and the doctor said three more weeks of the cast and maybe a splint for a week. It is healing up really fast and she won't need it as long as they initially expected. Her face is healing as well (and by the way) it was larger than a quarter).

2 comments:

Jill said...

Julia thinks it's cool...she asked if she could have one and I had to decline..... hope you are mended up real quick.......

Darcie said...

Poor Emma!! She does look adorable with the hot pink cast though!